Often my cravings tell me more about what I want, than the produce tables at the farmer’s market.I know fresh tomatoes and cucumbers aren’t exactly deep winter foods, but I really just needed to combine them in a bowl with salty feta…. juuust to be sure.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon minced shallots
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 teaspoons honeyad:
• 5 cups cooked orzo pasta
• 2 cups de-seeded and coarsely chopped English Cucumbers
• 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
• 1 heaping cup crumbled feta cheese
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced purple onion
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
• I like to make my salad dressings in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. If you don’t have a jar, you can also vigorously whisk the mixture in a large bowl.
• In a medium mason jar combine olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, mustard, honey, and a pinch of salt a fresh cracked black pepper. Secure the lid tightly and shake vigorously until emulsified. Taste and season with more lemon, honey, salt, or pepper as necessary. Set aside.
• In a large bowl toss together orzo pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, onion, and fresh basil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Just before serving, drizzle in the dressing. Taste and season accordingly. Serve immediately.
• . . .
• . . .
Read More this full recipes at IT’S NOT SUMMER YET GREEK PASTA SALAD