Southern Fried Cabbage , By recipes.pecintaresepmasakanindonesia.com .
Southern Fried Cabbage – So simple yet absolutely ADDICTING!!! Bacon gives it the smoky flavor that is put over the top by a little bit of brown sugar and apple cider vinegar!!
- 12 oz bacon, diced raw
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Add chopped bacon to a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat until extra crispy.
- Remove bacon from pot, leaving the grease.
- Add cabbage to pot and cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes, Stirring every minute or so.
- Add onion and continue cooking 5 more minutes, still stirring every minute.
- Add Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, & brown sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 20 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is cooked through.
- Add cooked bacon to cabbage and taste to adjust seasoning and serve.
Comment 6483 / Based On 6483 Total User
Rated 4.8 / Based On 6483 Customer Reviews